Recipe from: yummy kitchen
- 1/2 medium beet, shredded with food processor
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all purpose
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat a griddle to medium-low heat. Coat lightly with cooking spray or butter.
- In a blender, puree beet with milk until no lumps remain. Add egg, oil, yogurt, and vanilla and blend just to combine.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, and salt on top. Pulse a few times or stir in with a spatula taking care not to over blend. Some lumps are good.
- Spoon or pipe using a squeeze bottle onto griddle. When bubbles pop on the surface, flip and continue to cook until cooked through. Serve with butter, syrup, and berries. I like to eat my pancakes slathered with almond butter.