Chicken Shawarma from eatingwell.com
- 1 cup(s) shredded English cucumber
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon(s) tahini
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 4 6-inch whole-wheat pita breads
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cup(s) thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Stir cucumber, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine garlic powder, curry powder, pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in another medium bowl. Slice chicken breast crosswise into 1/4-inch strips; toss with the spice mixture to coat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and toss to combine.
- Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, spread 1/4 cup of the cucumber-yogurt sauce on a pita and top with one-fourth of the chicken, tomato, and lettuce. Fold like a taco (or roll closed, if using lavash). Repeat with the remaining ingredients.