Carrot Pudding by a Year of Slow Cooking
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Grate the carrots and onion and add them to your crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream, egg, salt, nutmeg, and sugar. Pour this mixture into your slow cooker, and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours. Your pudding is done when the carrots are tender.
- Improve the texture by blending. You can use a hand-held stick blender (CAREFULLY) pulse a few times to create a pudding-like consistency. You can also (carefully!!) transfer the mixture to a traditional blender to pulse a bit.