Slow Cooker Asian Shredded Beef by A Year of Slow Cooking
modifications were made
- 2.5 pounds boneless beef roast
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Madras curry paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or 6 cloves, minced)
- Use a 5 quart slow cooker. Trim any visible fat from the meat, and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Rub curry paste onto the meat, and top with the ketchup and honey. Pour in the soy sauce. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. You may need to take the meat out and cut in chunks after 8 hours, then turn to high for an hour or so to get it to shred nicely (I did this).
- Serve over white or brownnrice, or over shredded cabbage. I used the cabbage, and we all liked it.
**If you like you can add cabbage directly to the crock pot for the last hour of cooking.