Pineapple Pork Tenderloin by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 3 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 colored bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 16 ounces frozen pineapple (or a can of chunk pineapple, drained and rinsed)
- Spray a 4 qt crockpot to prevent sugar from sticking.
- Combine meat, sugar, spices, and cornstarch in a plastic zipper bag. Seal and shake well to coat. Pour contents of bag into crockpot. Add garlic and peppers. Pour in soy sauce, apple juice, and pineapple.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Serve with rice or shred and serve rolled up in wheat tortillas.