Crock Pot Stuffed Tomatoes by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 5 or more largish vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 package of Neufchatel cheese
- 4-6 oz Feta cheese.
- One garlic clove, chopped
- 2 T fresh chopped basil
- Cut the core out of each tomato – be careful, it’s messy!
- In a bowl, cream together the cheese that you are going to use with the chopped garlic and basil. Stuff the cheese mixture into the cored tomatoes.
- Pour 1/4 cup of water into the crockpot you are going to use (4 or 5 qt will work)
- Nestle the tomatoes into the bottom of your crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours. These will not take long at all. If you overcook, it’s not the end of the world, they will just begin to lose their shape and you’ll get a stewy tomato covered with yummy cheese.