Pecan Topped Baked Sweet Potatoes by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 4 peeled and sliced (1/4 inch thick) sweet potatoes
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup nonfat evaporated milk (in a can in the baking aisle—I don’t know how fresh transfers)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-4 T butter (you can control the amount)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups crumbled pretzels
- Spray a 4qt crock pot with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato and stagger-stack in your crockpot. Cover with the 3/4 cup of brown sugar. Open the can of cranberry jelly and squish it out all over the top of the sugar and potatoes.
- Mix the 1 tsp of vanilla with the cup of milk, and pour over the entire top.
- Slice the butter, and dot it on top.
- Crumble the pretzels and mix them with the chopped pecans. Sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6. This is done when the sweet potatoes have reached desired tendency.
- Unplug and uncover. Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into.