Autumn Sausage Casserole by A Year of Slow Cooking
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 large, or 2 small apples, chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups already cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- Use a 4 quart crockpot.
- Brown the sausage on the stove top.
- Dump all the ingredients into the crock, and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours.
- This will not stick together like a gloppy casserole; it has the consistency of fried rice. Use bowls to serve rather than plates.