His and Hers Spinach Lasagna
- Crock Pot (4-6 qt works the best)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (whatever kind you like – we just used traditional)
- 6-8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 packaged of frozen spinach
- 3/4 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 red onion
- 12 oz soft tofu
- Italian seasoning
- 4 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- Brown the sirloin with onion in a pan. No oil is needed. Drain off extra fat.
- Thaw out the spinach and drain the water.
- Place the tofu in a container. With a fork mash it up until it looks like ricotta cheese. Add 1-2 tsp of italian seasoning and some pepper. Add more or less seasoning depending on your preference.
- Pour 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of the crock pot. Break 1/4 to 1/3 of the noodles to cover the bottom.
- Add some ground turkey, spinach and tofu mixture. Top with a layer of noodles. Top noodles with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat this until all of the ingredients are gone. Be sure that cheese is the very top layer.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, on until the edges of the cheese begin to lightly brown.