Tater-Tot (less) Casserole
By TheKitchenSinkRecipes (with changes)
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced (1/4-inch dice)
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey (light or dark, or a mixture of the two)
- 16 oz bag frozen french-style green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a large baking dish (a gratin dish or 9×13-inch pan) and set aside.
- Toss diced potatoes in 1 tablespoon of the oil and some salt and pepper, spread on a baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, turning halfway through. Reduce the oven heat to 350.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven. Add the ground turkey, a small pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until the turkey is nearly cooked through. Add the garlic, celery seed, herbs, and a pinch of salt and pepper; saute for a few minutes until softened. Add frozen green beans and saute until thawed.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken stock to the pan. Place the flour in a small bowl, and whisk in the milk. Add milk mixture to pan, stirring constantly. Gradually add remaining chicken stock; cook 8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Pour the turkey mixture into the buttered dish. Top with the roasted potatoes and grated parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.