It has been a few years since I last made this recipe, so I do not have a picture. I first made this cheesecake when I was living in Green Bay. I was hesitant to tell my roommates (and Jason) that is was actually made from tofu and not cream cheese…so I didn’t. Well, at least not until AFTER they told me what they thought. They all said how much they liked it and the cake disappeared just as fast (if not faster) than a regular cheesecake. If you are a tofu novice, I highly recommend this recipe!
- 1 ½ cup granola
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of honey
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 1 ripe banana*
- ¼ cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup of crumbled, firm tofu
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Spread granola evenly in a square 8” cake pan and drizzle melted butter over it
- In a blender, combine eggs, honey, almond extract, banana and milk; blend on medium speed.
- While still blended, add flour, yeast and tofu.
- Once smooth, pour over granola.
- Bake for 1 hour and allow to cool completely before serving.
*I did not use this when I did it and it worked fine.