I made these cookies a few weeks ago and they are by far the BEST cookies I have ever eaten. Even better then the ooey-gooey cookies from those quaint little family-owned cookie shops that use recipes passed down from generations. The best part of this recipe is the tart cranberries with the crispy outside and chewy inside. The walnuts at just a touch of crunch to finish it off. Needless to say these did not last long.
Makes 24-30 cookies
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/3 cup all purpose flour
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 egg
– 1 1/2 cups oats
– 1/2 cup dried cranberries
– 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Mix flours, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla and eggs; mix well.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the butter mixture, beating on low. Beat until well mixed (and then place the beaters on high to get the rest off).
- Add oats, cranberries, and walnuts and mix well with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Drop dough onto a cookie sheet; leave about 2″ apart.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges are golden.
Nutrition Information (1 cookie): 90 calories, 4g fat, 14g carbohydrate (1g fiber), 1.5g protein