Another fish recipe – I have been going crazy with the seafood lately! This is a recipe I personally did not try – it looked like it would have too much of a fish taste. However, Jason reassured me it was quite good. This is probably one of the easiest recipes -if you can call it that- I have ever made. You roast the tilapia, open a can of mandarin oranges, rip up some parsley, and you’re done!
- 3 oranges (fresh) or 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a corning wear dish with cooking spray. Place fish in the dish and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Drizzle with a tsp of oil.
- Bake fish at 400F for 14 minutes, or until fish flakes easily. If possible, check to make sure the temperature reads at lest 145F.
- If using fresh oranges, grate 3 tsp orange rind. Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving about 2 tbsp juice. Chop sections. Combine rind, oranges, parsley, 5 tsp oil, and 1/4 tsp salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Combine 2 tbsp reserved juice, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, and 2 tbsp parsley with brown rice and mix well.
- Serve fish with salsa on top and rice on the side.