I realized I had a long list of recipes in my “Recipes to Blog” folder that were naked. That is, I had no picture to show off their deliciousness. I contemplated keeping them there until I cook them, but have decided to post them anyway. There are about 6, so this week one will pop up everyday. As I have said in the past, if anyone cooks any of these recipes, fell free to send me the picture and I would love to post it and your information.
This recipe is from 101cookbooks. I never have all of the ingredients that Heidi has on-hand, so I usually have to alter the recipes from their perfection. Luckily, it has tended to work out for me in the past (Spinach-Rice Gratin was a real hit!) and this recipe is no different. The original can be found here. I am sure her’s is delicious as well, so try this one, that one, or both!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe from 101Cookbooks.com “Roasted Pumpkin Salad Recipe”
Served 4 meals or 6 side dishes
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- fine grain sea salt
- 3 medium red onions peeled and diced
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss the sweet potatoes, onion, and slivered almonds in olive oil along with a couple pinches of salt.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and pour vegetable mixture onto the baking sheet. Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are brown and caramelized.
- Cook the rice.
- When the mixture is done, place the rice and the mixture in a large, heated skillet. Add the remaining ingredients and saute for 5 minutes until well mixed.
- Serve warm or cold.