Jason always told me he hated Balsamic Vinaigrette. We would be having a salad with dinner and when I asked what kind of dressing he would like he always would say, “anything we have except balsamic.” I decided I would play a little trick on him when I made this salad and not mention what the dressing was. Instead, I just asked him to taste it since it was for the next nights dinner. His response…”that is so good!” My response…”I told you that balsamic vinaigrette isn’t that bad.” Needless to say he easily ate half of the salad over the next few days 🙂
Delicious Green Bean and Tomato Salad
1 pint of grape tomatoes (you could also use cherry tomatoes, I just prefer grape)
1 pound roma tomatoes
1 pound fresh green beans
Balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Halve the grape tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the ends off the green beans and then cut the green beans into halves, thirds, or quarters, depending on the size. Add to the large bowl.
- Cut the Roma tomatoes in half lengthwise. Holding the tomato together, rotate it on the cutting board and cut it in half lengthwise again. Still holding the tomato together, slice it into 1/4″ thick pieces. Add to the large bowl.
- Add about 1/4 cup of dressing to the bowl and stir well. Add more if needed.
- Add about 1/4 – 1/3 of the crumbled feta cheese package to the bowl and stir until evenly distributed. Again, add more if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 5 (possibly more, but ours didn’t last that long) days.